Leading the way in education
Each year, Mercer’s educational leadership students across all campuses come together to network and learn from experts in educational leadership. Cohorts from the M.Ed., Ed.S., and Ph.D. programs strengthen their network and continue building upon their knowledge in preparation of becoming transformational leaders in education through a series of workshops, sessions, and panels. Students are also invited to share successes in research or practice through a program proposal submission to join in the lineup of speakers.
For more information about Mercer’s Leadership Academy, contact Dr. Pamela Larde, Associate Professor of Research & Education and Leadership Academy Program Coordinator, at 678.547.6599 or email@example.com.
About Leadership Academy
Leadership Academy is designed to expose candidates to diverse ideas and methods on topics that complement and enhance the learning experience both inside and out of the classroom. This event works to:
- Expose students to empirical research on topics in P-12 and Higher Education
- Offer opportunities for networking with key leaders and experts in education
- Engage students in conversations about leadership and education’s role as leaders in a global community
- Give students an opportunity to reflect upon their own experience and journey through the graduate program and to prepare for the next steps
Students attending the Leadership Academy will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Identifying issues in education and developing problem-solving skills
- The educational leader’s role in the enhancement and continued development of society
- Sound academic research for the purpose of conducting one’s own research
The Leadership Academy is a day-long collaborative learning experience consisting of sessions and panel discussions. It is hosted on Mercer’s Atlanta campus.