Initial Teacher Certification
How to become a certified teacher
Maybe you want to follow in the footsteps of a teacher who changed the course of your life. Maybe you want to impart knowledge on the next generation of change-makers. Maybe you want to share your love of learning with a classroom of eager students. Whatever your reason for wanting to become a teacher, Mercer’s Tift College of Education is here to help you achieve your goal. Our initial teacher certification programs will prepare you to:
- Make a difference in the classroom and beyond
- Incorporate technology into the curriculum
- Give back to your community
- Leave a lasting legacy
- Be a lifelong learner
- Lead by example
- Step One: Find the best degree program for you. Answer the question below to navigate to the programs that are right for you.
- Step Two: Create a Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) account and discover which GACE assessments you will need. The timing of GACE assessments varies depending on your certification path.
- Step Three: Upon completion of your degree and passing the GACE, apply for your teaching certificate through the State of Georgia.
Which statement describes you?