To be eligible for the Tier I, Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Leadership program, applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by an institutional accreditor recognized by the U.S. Department of Education with a minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- $25 Non-refundable Application Fee ($50 for international applicants)
- Current Copy of Teaching Certificate
Current Level 4 or higher teaching certificate, approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
- Official Transcripts from All Previously Attended Institutions
Applicants must submit official transcripts from all previously attended institutions. Former and current Mercer University students need not request a Mercer University transcript. Applicants may submit transcripts digitally to MercerEducation@mercer.edu.
How to order your official transcripts online
- Visit your previous institution’s Registrar’s Office website, and search “transcripts.”
- Follow the instructions for ordering your official transcript.
- When prompted, select Mercer University as the recipient.
- For quickest delivery, Mercer prefers that you select electronic delivery. If you prefer mail delivery, enter Mercer University, Tift College of Education Graduate Admissions, 3001 Mercer University Drive, Atlanta, GA 30341.
Note: Mercer only accepts official transcripts sent from other institutions, indirectly through ordering services or directly from the institution. We cannot accept any official transcripts sent from the applicant’s email.
- GACE Ethics for Educational Leaders Assessment
Applicants must submit a certificate approved by Georgia Ethics Assessments.
- Principal Verification Form
Submitting a verification form from the school principal is required. M.Ed. in Educational Leadership candidates should ensure a full understanding of program requirements versus current employment obligations, if applicable, and plan accordingly.
- Career and Academic Goal Narrative
Submit a signed and dated narrative of career and academic goals.
- Possible faculty interview
Application materials may be mailed to:
Tift College of Education Graduate Admissions
3001 Mercer University Drive
Atlanta, GA 30341
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
A. Evaluation of Foreign Credentials: Applicants who completed all or part of their education abroad are required to have their foreign educational credentials evaluated by an independent evaluation service. A Course-by-Course and Grade Point Average Equivalent Evaluation is required for admission. Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions for information about evaluation services if your foreign credentials have not been evaluated. If an evaluation has been done, you must submit an official sealed evaluation report with your application.
B. Official Translations: Documents submitted in a language other than English must be accompanied by official translations.
C. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): The TOEFL or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test is required for international applicants whose primary language is not English. The scores may not be more than two years old. Official score reports must be sent directly to the Office of Admissions by the Educational Testing Service. The Educational Testing Service Institution code for submission of official score reports is 5025. Unofficial copies of the score report may be included with the application for initial review and evaluation. This does not replace the requirement of an official score report for those applicants who are offered admission. Exception: The TOEFL is not required of international applicants who have attended another U.S. institution and completed freshman English Composition I and II with grades of “C” or higher.
D. Financial Guarantee: International applicants who wish to obtain an I-20 for F-1 visa must include financial documentation showing ability to finance tuition and living expenses for one year. Financial documents must have a current date and indicate available funds of US $25,000.
E. Visa Status: International applicants who are currently in the United States must choose from one of the following categories to prove their current visa status:
- Copy of I-20 and I-94 if on an F-1 visa
- Copy of visa stamp and I-94 if on another type of visa
- Copy of Resident Alien card (front and back) if classified as a Resident Alien
Learn more about our M.Ed. in Educational Leadership (P-12 Tier I)
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership (P-12 Tier I)
- Program Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Tuition and Aid
- Educational Leadership (P-12 Tier I) Non-Degree Certification