M.Ed. in Higher Education Leadership
College of Education
Make an impact in higher education
Mercer University’s Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Higher Education Leadership is designed for individuals who are seeking careers as directors, coordinators, managers, or supervisors in higher education at the mid-administration or mid-management level. The online 30-hour program takes 12-16 months to complete and prepares candidates to assume entry or mid-level leadership responsibilities in a variety of professional areas.
Students can choose from one of three program tracks:
- Athletics Leadership prepares students to build or advance their careers in college athletics through the study of the ethical, economic, financial, and legal impact that athletics has on colleges and universities.
- Postsecondary Administration develops students as leaders in higher education administration through the study of institutional structure and governance, policy development, advocacy, conflict management, decision-making, and cultural topics.
- Student Affairs Leadership explores how to lead today’s college students—both traditional students and adult learners—by exploring social development and analyzing various models of academic advising, strategic enrollment management, and more.
Upon program completion, graduates may pursue leadership roles in areas such as:
- Academic Advising
- Alumni Relations
- Campus Safety
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Financial Aid
- Human Resources
- Institutional Communications
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Physical Plant
- Residence Life
- Student Affairs
- Student Success
- Student Support Services
This program is designed for:
- Those currently employed by an institution of higher learning who seek to improve and enhance job performance and assume greater leadership responsibility
- Current and recent undergraduates who plan to pursue higher education leadership as a career
- Those seeking to make a career change into the higher education leadership field
Expand your knowledge
Through program curriculum, students will gain knowledge in:
- Establishing a scholarly foundation in higher education organization, structure, administration, and governance
- Successfully assuming leadership responsibilities in post-secondary education
Designed for busy and working adults
The M.Ed. in Higher Education Leadership is offered 100% online. Students are enrolled three times per year in January, May, and August, and complete coursework in eight-week terms. Students in the program will complete coursework in a synchronous format that meets in the evenings via video calls.