Graduate Teacher Candidacy Admission
Non- degree, certificate and M.A.T. candidates will meet the same admission and progression criteria, and will be required to complete the same initial certification requirements. Candidates must submit a completed Application to Teacher Candidacy. (This application is separate from the application to the M.A.T. program.)
In order to be recommended for certification, an M.A.T. candidate must:
- Have successfully met all Progression Policy criteria.
- Have a positive recommendation from student teaching or internship.
- Have successfully completed all program/degree requirements.
- Have successfully completed Portfolio requirements.
- Have successfully passed the appropriate GACE Content test(s) and have submitted score reports to the appropriate Certification Office.
- Have met all state requirements for certification.
- In order for a candidate to continue in the M.A.T. program, he/she:
- Must meet and maintain all requirements for full admission to the program.
- Must earn a B or higher in all education courses.
- May repeat only two education courses.
- An education course may be repeated only one time. A certification candidate may not re-take an equivalent class at another college in order to replace a grade earned at Mercer.
- Must have positive recommendations from each field experience in order to advance in the sequence of required field experiences. Field experience placements must meet all diversity of placement criteria.