When does the program start?
Applications for degree options are now being accepted for the following entry points:
Spring (January start)
Summer (May start)
Fall (August Start)
Where will the program be offered?
The M.Ed. in Higher Education Leadership program is offered in Atlanta and Macon
What will this program qualify me to do after completion?
Who may apply?
The M.Ed. in Higher Education Leadership provides students a broad-based, scholarly foundation in higher education organization, structure, administration, and governance. The program is designed for students from a variety of backgrounds:
― professional adults currently employed by a 2-year or 4-year institution of higher learning who seek to improve and enhance job performance, assume greater leadership responsibility, and/or become eligible for consideration for positions for which an advanced degree is required,
― current and recent undergraduates, who plan to pursue higher education leadership as a career, and,
― working adults who are not employed in higher education leadership, but hold a bachelors degree and who seek to make a career change to that field.
What are the criteria for admission?
1. Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
2. A typed narrative of career and academic goals.
3. *Candidates must submit an official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report (target scores for exams taken after August 1, 2011 are 146 on the verbal, 141 on the quantitative, and 3.5 on the analytical writing sections; the target combined score in GRE’s previous format is 800 or better on the combined verbal and quantitative sections).
4. A minimum overall graduate GPA of 2.75.
5. Two official copies of all transcripts.
6. Completed application and fee (waived for current Mercer students).
7. A current vita or resume.
8. Two professional letters recommendation
*Note: GRE test scores are waived for students with at least a 2.75 GPA from a regionally accredited institution.
How long will it take?
The program can be completed in 12 months.
Can I keep my job and do this program?
The M.Ed. Higher Education Leadership program is designed for educators who are employed full-time. Fall and Spring semesters are 16 weeks long (classes are from 5:00 to 9:30 pm) and courses are offered in eight week sessions. A structured internship is required.
How much does it cost?
Please consult the Mercer University catalog for current tuition rates, available at the following website: http://bursar.mercer.edu/atlanta/tuition1415/
Is there financial aid available for this program?
Generally, loans are available for graduate programs. To receive financial aid, students must be fully admitted to the program. Students who are provisionally admitted will not be eligible for aid. Specific financial aid questions should be directed to financial aid counselors at the following locations:
How do I get more information on the program?
To get more information or an application packet, visit our website: http://education.mercer.edu/ or request information at MercerEducation@mercer.edu. Regularly-scheduled information session dates may be found at http://workingadults.mercer.edu/sessions/, and prospective students are encouraged to visit with us during one of those sessions.