When does the program start?
Applications for degree options are now being accepted for the following entry points:
Spring (January start)
Summer (May start)
Fall (August Start)
Where will the program be offered?
The M.Ed. in Higher Education Leadership program is offered in Atlanta and Macon
What will this program qualify me to do after completion?
Who may apply?
The M.Ed. in Higher Education Leadership provides students a broad-based, scholarly foundation in higher education organization, structure, administration, and governance. The program is designed for students from a variety of backgrounds:
― professional adults currently employed by a 2-year or 4-year institution of higher learning who seek to improve and enhance job performance, assume greater leadership responsibility, and/or become eligible for consideration for positions for which an advanced degree is required,
― current and recent undergraduates, who plan to pursue higher education leadership as a career, and,
― working adults who are not employed in higher education leadership, but hold a bachelors degree and who seek to make a career change to that field.
What are the criteria for admission?
Required Application Materials:
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A typed narrative of career and academic goals
- Minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- Two official copies of all transcripts
- Completed application and fee (waived for current Mercer students)
- Two professional letters recommendation from former and/or current supervisors and instructors only
Possible Additional Application Materials:
- Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 may submit an official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report as strong evidence of the ability to complete graduate coursework. The exam must have been taken after August 1, 2011, and the target scores are 146 on the verbal, 141 on the quantitative, and 3.5 on the analytical writing sections; the target combined score in GRE’s previous format is 800 or better on the combined verbal and quantitative sections.*
*Note: GRE test scores are waived for students with at least a 2.75 GPA from a regionally accredited institution.
- Faculty interview–qualified applicants will participate in an applicant interview with program faculty.
How long will it take?
The program can be completed in 12 months.
Can I keep my job and do this program?
The M.Ed. Higher Education Leadership program is designed for educators who are employed full-time. Fall and Spring semesters are 16 weeks long (classes are from 5:00 to 9:30 pm) and courses are offered in eight week sessions. A structured internship is required.
How much does it cost?
Is there financial aid available for this program?
Generally, loans are available for graduate programs. To receive financial aid, students must be fully admitted to the program. Students who are provisionally admitted will not be eligible for aid. Specific financial aid questions should be directed to financial aid counselors at the following locations: