The English Master of Arts in Teaching is offered on the Atlanta Campus.
- Recent college graduates with degrees in fields other than education
- Re-careering professionals
- Paraprofessionals who have bachelor's degrees
- Teachers who hold non-renewable certificates and who want to earn Clear Renewable master's level certificates.
- Teacher candidates from a wide variety of academic majors who are interested in earning both initial certification and a master's level teaching certificate.
- An undergraduate GPA of 2.50 or higher.
- A GRE target score of 146 verbal, 141 quantitative, and 3.5 analytical writing (for exams taken after August 1, 2011), or a GRE target score of 800 verbal plus quantitative (for exams taken prior to August 2011) or a Miller's Analogy Test target score of at least 397 prior to full admission.
- Passing scores on the Georgia Professional Standards Commission test of basic skills (or meeting the exemption criteria as described at the Georgia Professional Standards Commission Website) prior to full admission.
The M.A.T. in Secondary Education
- The secondary M.A.T. programs require an undergraduate major in the appropriate content area (e.g, English, math, biology, history, etc.) or in a closely related field.
- Each program requires a minimum of 40 semester hours of graduate level education classes and field experiences designed to prepare effective teachers for grades 6-12.